Producing creative work, freelancing, starting and running your own business is difficult, demanding work. If you don’t know why you’re doing what you’re doing, you’re guaranteed to flounder and get frustrated and have more than your fair share of failures. Continue reading
Get more productive, as productive as those CEOs should be (even if they’re not) by borrowing some of their good habits. Continue reading
1. If you have “guru” anywhere on your profile, Facebook page, website, blog, or email signature, I don’t trust your authority.
2. Valid experience – plainly and clearly stated – is the best way to establish authority.
3. Peer reviews and client recommendations are the second best way to establish authority.
4. Give me those things first, then give me links to your articles and posts and so on… Continue reading
This is an approach you can use to get what you want out of an area of life, if what you want is
a) to go deeper and be more focused in a particular area, or
b) to spend fewer resources maintaining a particular area.
If what you want is exploration, new connections, a widened network, increased and broader possibilities, access to a wide variety of elements/experiences, interaction… Continue reading
1. Plan your day ahead of time.
Make a better plan. Put 1-3 big things on your schedule with blocked-out time for each one. Don’t wing it on the important stuff. Wing it on everything else. Don’t cram it full of details.
2. Include transition time.
Don’t expect yourself to switch instantly from one task to another. Work in transition time. Give your brain and body a… Continue reading