- You can learn what you need to learn when you need to learn it.
- Nothing is wasted.
- You can’t go backward.
- You do not want to do all the things. You want to do some of the things. You want to do them so bad, in fact, that they scare the shit out of you, so you avoid doing them by trying to do all
1. Don’t do anything you don’t want to do.
Desire is the fuel of creativity. Fear is its nemesis.
The only reason you do things you don’t want to do is fear.
Fear stifles your mind. Anxiety stunts your ability to make connections. Connections are the core of creativity. You can’t connect what you can’t see. When you’re afraid, your vision is limited. All you see is what… Continue reading
I’m not in the marketing world as much anymore, but I have spent a good portion of my freelance career in marketing: B2B marketing, copy writing and editing, content strategy, so on.
What I’ve learned is that there are endless resources, blogs, sites, etc., giving endless amounts of information on marketing: what’s new, what’s best, what’s important, what’s trending, what’s working, what isn’t working.
You can easily spend… Continue reading
1. If you have “guru” anywhere on your profile, Facebook page, website, blog, or email signature, I don’t trust your authority.
2. Valid experience – plainly and clearly stated – is the best way to establish authority.
3. Peer reviews and client recommendations are the second best way to establish authority.
4. Give me those things first, then give me links to your articles and posts and so on… Continue reading
1. Plan your day ahead of time.
Make a better plan. Put 1-3 big things on your schedule with blocked-out time for each one. Don’t wing it on the important stuff. Wing it on everything else. Don’t cram it full of details.
2. Include transition time.
Don’t expect yourself to switch instantly from one task to another. Work in transition time. Give your brain and body a… Continue reading
An ever-growing list.
Top section is online resources (websites, blogs, ebook collections). Bottom section is books (many with free/cheap ebook versions available).
If you have recommendations for this list, please let me know: am @ annie mueller . com.
This is probably the biggest and best resource for reading sacred texts from many different faiths and… Continue reading
All books referenced on Gilmore Girls from Black, White & Read Books
100 Best Novels from Modern Library
100 Best Nonfiction from Modern Library
Both lists from Modern Library are actually two lists: the Board’s List and the Reader’s List. But there’s a lot of overlap.
No, thank you.
Thanks, but no thanks.
That sounds lovely, but no.
Not right now.
Not for me.
It’s not an option.
I won’t be able to.
It won’t work for me.
I have a conflict.
I have plans.
That’s a negative.
I’ll have to pass.
I have other things planned for that time.
My project list is already full for the month/year.
What a great idea!… Continue reading